Shift entreprenørskap og innovasjon, masterprogram
Shift entreprenørskap og økonomi, masterprogram
Shift entreprenørskap og teknologi, masterprogram
ORG466 Strategic Management or equivalent
Upon successful completion of the course, the students should:
• Have advanced knowledge about theories and concepts relating to financial planning and management
• Have advanced knowledge about financial modelling, pricing, investment analysis, and valuation methodologies
• Have knowledge about the different sources of risk capital and how to attract the different types of capital (i.e. how different investors operate, what they are looking for and how they structure their deals)
• Have knowledge about the financing cycle and harvest strategies
• Be able to use income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and working capital management
• Be able to manage conflicts of interest both within the venture and between the venture and its investors and/or partners and develop appropriate contractual agreements
• Be able to seek funding from various sources, including developing effective fundraising strategies, attracting interest from different types of investors, and negotiating reasonable terms
• Be able to tailor their presentation (i.e. message, format, etc.) to different investors and other stakeholders
The purpose of the course is to equip students with the knowledge of and ability to financially manage and fund their ventures. The course is split in two broad components: 1) Financial management for start-ups, which includes topics and tools for sound financial management for new ventures, and 2) Financing the venture, which includes topics such as sources of capital, funding contracts, and how to communicate with investors.
Undervisnings- og læringsformer
Lectures, in-class exercises, group work and presentations. Approximate workload is 210 hours.
Vilkår for å gå opp til eksamen
Mandatory assignment(s) and presentation must be approved before examination. More information is available on the course schedule and Canvas.
4-hour written school exam (counts 60 %) and group project report (counts 40 %, one grade for the whole group). Grading by letters. More information is provided on Canvas.
Student evaluation is carried out as a midway evaluation and in accordance with the normal arrangement as described in the quality assurance system, chapter 4.1. If necessary, a possible end of semester evaluation may be implemented.