Shift entreprenørskap og innovasjon, masterprogram
Shift entreprenørskap og økonomi, masterprogram
Shift entreprenørskap og teknologi, masterprogram
Upon successful completion of the course, the students should:
• Have advanced knowledge about core theories and concepts in strategic management and how these apply in the context of entrepreneurship
• Have knowledge about perspectives, frameworks and concepts within strategic thinking and the firm’s mission, vision, values, and social responsibility
• Be able to analyze existing theories and strategic frameworks and work on strategic processes in startups
• Be able to identify an impact area, find and create business ideas, and develop ideas and opportunities
• Be able to use relevant strategic management tools
• Be able to identify and analyze information relevant for strategic management decisions, including ethical dilemmas
• Be able to contribute to innovative strategic processes
The course introduces students to strategic management and what it means for entrepreneurs. The course teaches students to recognize business challenges and make strategic decisions that can make or break the company. The students learn how to use various frameworks and tools to analyze the external environment, as well as how to form the firm’s vision, mission, values, and social responsibility. The course emphasizes all aspects of the strategy process including the formulation, implementation, management and change of strategies.
Undervisnings- og læringsformer
Real-life cases, seminars, lectures, and group projects. Approximate workload is 210 hours.
Vilkår for å gå opp til eksamen
Submission and presentation of project must be approved before examination. More information is available on the course schedule and Canvas.
Group project report (counts 40%, one grade for the whole group) and 4-hour written school exam (counts 60%, individual grade). Grading by letters. More information is provided in Canvas.
Student evaluation is carried out as a midway evaluation and in accordance with the normal arrangement as described in the quality assurance system, chapter 4.1. If necessary, a possible end of semester evaluation may be implemented.