Shift entreprenørskap og innovasjon, masterprogram
Shift entreprenørskap og økonomi, masterprogram
Shift entreprenørskap og teknologi, masterprogram
Upon successful completion of the course, the students should:
• Have advanced knowledge about theories related to opportunity recognition
• Have thorough knowledge about available frameworks for opportunity recognition and concept development
• Be able to analyze and critically evaluate existing theories and frameworks
• Be able to carry out a concept development project, including concept development and testing
• Be able to analyze an idea’s potential (e.g. social impact, global market, financial)
• Be able to run and manage idea search and opportunity analysis processes in various industries and sectors, as well as in both new and established firms
In this course students are introduced to the opportunity identification process and its key challenges. The course focuses on idea identification, analysis, and impact evaluation, with particular emphasis on user and market insights. The key component is the feasibility study. Throughout the semester we have ‘feasibility weeks’ where students work in groups on evaluating actual ideas in terms of business potential, feasibility and possible commercialization strategies, and impact on the UN sustainability goals.
Undervisnings- og læringsformer
Lectures, workshops, teamwork, projects and presentations. Approximate workload is 210 hours.
Vilkår for å gå opp til eksamen
Students must attend all feasibility weeks (including the final presentation). More information is available on the course schedule and Canvas.
Grade based on portefolio assessment of the feasibility studies (counts 60%, individual grades) and individual term paper (reflection paper, counts 40 %). Grading by letters. More information is provided in Canvas.
Student evaluation is carried out as a midway evaluation and in accordance with the normal arrangement as described in the quality assurance system, chapter 4.1. If necessary, a possible end of semester evaluation may be implemented.