On successful completion of the course, the students should
- have the knowledge of Internet telephoning protocols and services
- have knowledge of mobility in the Internet and the related protocols
- understand the concept of QoS and QoE, and its supporting strategies
- understand the static state analysis of Markov chain models
- be able to analyze and evaluate basic queuing strategies in computer networks
- understand the performance evaluation process of an Internet protocol by simulations or by mathematics modelling
- understand the concept of SDN and NFV.
Lectures, seminars, group assignments, supervised written assignments and self-study.
The workload for the average student is approximately 200 hours.
Faculty of Engineering and Science