Experienced Professor with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Skilled in Mathematical Modeling, Analytical Skills, Aspen Plus, Power Plants, and Biofuels. Strong education professional with a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) focused in Energy Engineering from Aalborg Universitet.
Renewable Energy, Biomass Conversion, Thermal Energy, Energy System, Process Design and Simulation, HVAC, Fluid Mechanics.
During my teaching career, I taught the following courses:
· Fluid flow and HVAC system, ENE 230. (2014- present) (https://www.uia.no/en/studieplaner/topic/ENE230-G)
· Thermodynamic and Heating System, ENE 227(2014-2019)
· Instrumentation ENE226( 2014-2017)
· Combined Heat and Power Systems: Design and System Analysis.(2019) (https://www.uia.no/studieplaner/topic/ENE415-G)
· Design and optimization of combined heat and power systems. (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
· Bioenergy ENE 420( 2020) (https://www.uia.no/studieplaner/topic/ENE420-G)
· Process modeling for thermochemical conversion of biofuels, ENE705 (2017, 2019)
Professor in Bioenergy and Thernam Energy, Department of Engineering and Science, Renewable EnergyUniversity of Agder, Grimstad, Norway.
Associate Professor, Department of Engineering and Science, Renewable EnergyUniversity of Agder, Grimstad, Norway.
Scientific Researcher, Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark.
PhD Fellow, Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark.
Visiting Researcher, Sustainable Energy Lab., Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta.Edmonton, Canada.
Global Intern, SK Energy (Korea's largest energy group) Seoul, Korea.
Research Assistant at Energy Process Lab., Ajou University, Suwon, Korea.
Assistant Mechanical Engineer, C & A group, Chittagong, Bangladesh
Pacific jeans, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS (Before 2014):
Jessica Hoffmann , Souman Rudra , Saqib S. Toor , Jens Bo Holm-Nielsen , Lasse A. Rosendahl , Conceptual Design of an Integrated Hydrothermal Liquefaction and Biogas Plant for Sustainable Bioenergy Production, Bioresource Technology, 2012.
Souman Rudra ; LasseRosendahl, Morten B.Blarke; Proposal or abiomass basedQuadgeneration system for power, heat, cooling and SNG production.International journal of applied energy (submitted)
Souman Rudra, Lasse Rosendahl, Amit Kumar, Development of Net Energy Ratio forquad generationpathways, Proceeding or Alberta Graduate Conference, Edmonton, Canada, 2-5thofMay,2012.
Souman Rudra, ASM Sayem, SK Biswas, HT kim, Simulation Study on a Hybrid Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) -Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) -Gas Turbine in IGCC Power Plant, ASME 3rd International Conference on Energy Sustainability, Volume 2 / Combined Energy Cycles, CHP and CCHP, and Heat Recovery Technologies , 2009.
Souman Rudra ;Rosendahl, Lasse ;Niels From, Optimization of a local district plant under fuel flexibility andperformance, Proceedings or ASME 2011 5th International Conference on Energy Sustainability, August 7-10, 2011, Washington, DC, USA.
Souman Rudra; Hoffmann,Jessica ; Rosendahl, Lasse , Planning of a Quadgeneration power plant for Jammerbugt energy system. Proceedings of the 2nd European Conference on Polygeneration.oath./ Alberto CoronasSalcedo.March,2011.
Souman RUDRA, L. ROSSENDHAL, Jinwook LEE, HT Kim, A performance analysis of integrated solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) and heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) for IGFC system. Frontiers of Energy and Power Engineering in China, Volume 4, Number 3 , 402-413, DOI: 10.1007 / s11708-010-0122-x.
SoumanRudra, HT Kim, A simulation study ofSolidOxide fuel cell for IGCC power generation using Aspen Plus , Journal of Energy and Climate Change , Vol. 5, No. 2, 2010, p. 24-35.
Souman Rudra, ChanLee, HT Kim, Simulation or IGFC Power Generation System with Various Parameters of Solid Oxide Fuel Cell and Heat Recovery Steam Generator,ICEPAG2010-3452, February 9-11, 2010, Costa Mesa, California, USA.
SMAshekuzzaman, SoumanRudra, Supplementary energy demand of rural households in Bangladesh through appropriate biogas technology, Proc.Of international conference on environmental aspects of Bangladesh, Japan, Sept.2110
Souman Rudra, L. Rosendahl, Abu Sadahat Sayem, Simulation of IGFC Power Generation System by Aspen Plus, Proceedings of the 13th Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics, 17-21 December 2010, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
SoumanRudra, H.T.Kim,SimulationStudie of clean coal technology focused on hybrid Solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) and heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) in IGFC power plants.Paper no.159, SET 2009, Eurogress, Aachen, Germany, 31 Aug., Sep.2009.
SoumanRudra, H.T.Kim.A study on a hybrid solid oxide fuel cell and heat recovery steam generator for power generation with CO2capture.Paper No.EO1 08, Page (128-135), Climate Change Conference, Seoul, Korea, 2009 (May).
SoumanRudra, H.T.Kim, H.Y. Wang, JW Lee,Thermodynamicand Exergy optimization of the operational parameters for the Heat Recovery Steam Generator in IGCC Power Plant.Paper No.253, IGEC-IV, Beijing, China.2008 (October)
Souman Rudra, HMShim, H.T.Kim.Exergetic analysis ofcoal firedthermal power plants based on steam parameters.Paper no.62, 4thBSME-ASME ICTE, Dhaka,Bangladegh.2008 (December)
Souman Rudra,ASMSayem, S.K.Biswas, J.P.Chakrabattry, TS.ShamsiHuqandHT Kim, Design of an Automatic fire alarm system for ME department.Paper no.103, 4thBSME-ASME ICTE, Dhaka,Bangladegh.2008 (December)
MAWazed, SoumanRudraandHT Kim, Renewable energy resources in Bangladesh: Micro Hydro, Paper no.O-SH-001, page-181, RE2008, Busan, Korea.2008 (October)
Use of CO2 as a Coolant for Microsystems (CO2-COM) Funding Organization: The Royal Society, UK, 2022 -2024, £12000
1. Predictive maintenance of technical equipment and subsystems in biomass power plants. (started in October 2021- Main Supervisor)
2. Design and optimization of hydrothermal liquefaction (HTL) reactor for bio-oil production. University funded project. ( Started on February 2018- PhD Defence on 3rd May, 2022 -Main Supervisor)
3. HTL of Algae Biomass for Biocrude Production. An industrial project with ACL Engineering and Norwegian Research council. (Started on April 2014)
1. Yohannes Kifle Tesfagaber, Future district heating plant integrated with biomass gasification (ongoing from August 2017)
2. Kjartan Konradsen, Efficient technic to recover of surplus heat in process industry. (ongoing from August 2017)
3. Endree Daneilsen, Improved ventilation system of production facilities at BENTELER. (ongoing from August 2017)
4. John-Are Sørlie, Energy calculation for the process in the factory. (ongoing from August 2017).
5. Bjørn haakon haugstad, Fuel Characterization and Process Analysis of Hydrothermal Liquefaction of Algae. (Spring 2017, 30 ECTS)
6. Ida Flatval Uleberg, Design and Fabrication of Solar Water Distillation System for Developing Countries (Spring 2017, 30 ECTS)
7. Rukshan Madhawa Jayathilake, CFD modeling of a Laboratory scale fixed bed Downdraft gasifier. (Spring 2016, 30 ECTS)
Quote: 'If you have both motivation and dedication, it's relatively easy to achieve your goals.'
Sist endret: 21.11.2022 10:11