I am currently working as a PhD Research Fellow at the Department of Education, Faculty of Humanities and Education, at the University of Agder (UiA). I started my PhD at UiA in 2021.
My PhD project is linked to the program of Democratic Mobilization (DEMO). DEMO is intended to have an umbrella function over different points of view and varied research that sheds light on current research and development within the theme «democracy».
In my PhD project, I intend to develop and validate the Democratic Education Scale from immigrant students’ point of view. Then, I am going to present a model of the interrelationship among democratic education, racist victimization, and socio-emotional well-being using a quantitative method. Finally, I attempt to identify the main strategies Norwegian teachers implement to improve democratic education and accordingly reduce racism and enhance their socio-emotional well-being.
Democracy in education
1) Rostami, S., Akbari, O., & Ghanizadeh, A. (2014). The effect of Smart school programs on EFL reading comprehension in an academic context. International Journal of Research studies in Educational Technology, 4(1), 13-21. https://doi.org/10.5861/ijrset.2014.936
2) Rostami, S., Ghanizadeh, A., Ghapanchi, Z. (2015). A study of contextual precursors of burnout among EFL teachers. International Journal of Research Studies in Psychology, 4(1), 13-24. https://doi.org/10.5861/ijrsp.2015.1025
3) Ghanizadeh, A., & Rostami, S. (2015). A Dörnyei-inspired study on second language motivation: A Cross-comparison analysis in public and private contexts. Psychological Studies 60(3),292-301. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12646-015-0328-4
4) Rostami, S., Ghanizadeh, A., & Ghonsooly, B. (2015). External factors affecting second language motivation: The role of teacher burnout and family influence. Iranian Journal of Applied Linguistics, 18(2), 165-187. http://ijal.khu.ac.ir/article-1-2557-en.html
5) Ghanizadeh, A., Eishabadi, N., & Rostami, S. (2015). Motivational dimension of willingness to communicate in L2: The impacts of criterion measure, ideal L2 self, family influence, and attitudes to L2 culture. International Journal of Research Studies in Education, 4(5), 13-24. https://doi.org/10.5861/ijrse.2015.1261
6) Atrian, A., Ghanizadeh, A., Rostami, S. (2017). The concordance between EFL learners' stress coping strategies, willingness to communicate, and metacognitive self-regulation. International Journal of Research Studies in Psychology, 5(4), 3-13. https://doi.org/10.5861/ijrsp.2016.1586
7) Salehi, S., Ghanizadeh, A., Rostami, S. (2017). Stress management in taking tests: The role of EFL learners’ stress coping strategies in their test anxiety and test-taking strategies. European Journal of Education Studies, 3, 436-454. https://zenodo.org/record/838743
Sist endret: 24.03.2022 23:03