- I have learned a lot from studying at UiA and doing the internship, which will help me not only professionally but also in other ways of life.
Master of finance and economy
Erasto Sonelo is from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and interned at the University of Agder's economy department for his internship.
What do you do at your internship?
- I work with accounting, budgets and payload at the university. It is quite interesting, and the work has given me many new experiences.
Why did you select UiA for your exchange?
- I saw an opportunity while studying in Dar es Salaam. I wanted to see how life is in other parts of the world. Norway is a quiet place, with a lot of cool people. I have gotten in touch with many other exchange students and made many new friends here.
How is UiA different from your own university?
- My university is a lot bigger, but UiA is a lot more digitalized. It’s nice here, with good facilities for all students. The teachers are good, and they offer relevant courses.
How has the exchange impacted your education?
- I have learned a lot from studying at UiA and doing the internship, which will help me not only professionally but also in other ways of life. I am planning to become a teacher, and being exposed to a different culture is very valuable learning I hope to pass on.
Tips for those going to Norway:
- Bring some Norwegian cash! I forgot and had a confusing start at the airport when I arrived. Thankfully I got a free ride from the bus driver.
- You need warm clothing, and proper footwear. It can get cold!
- Norway is very digital, and a lot of the communication happens online.