- Have knowledge about children's mathematical development, children's oral and written language and language development, also in multilingual and multicultural perspective
- Have knowledge of fiction and nonfiction for children, genres of oral tradition and modern text and media cultures
- Have knowledge of the importance of developing positive attitudes towards mathematics, language and language diversity
- Have knowledge of mathematical areas relevant to children, and mathematics as a tool for the systematic exploration and thinking
- Have knowledge of the play and its importance for language and mathematics learning
- Have knowledge of the narrative art
- Observe, facilitate, identify and follow up children's language and math development
- Is a conscious linguistic role model and a conversation partner that promotes development and learning at work with kindegartens
- Organize an inclusive and stimulating learning environment for mathematical and linguistic exploration, storytelling and reading aloud and ensure quality and cultural diversity in kindergarten text communication
- To direct and inspire children as they explore oral and written genres, mathematical problem, symbols and relationships
- Can use ICT as a teaching tool in the work area of ¿¿knowledge
- To document and evaluate the institution's activities with language, text and mathematics
- Can communicate and discuss pedagogical issues with staff, parents and external partners
- Respond proactively to contemporary nursery discussions related to language, text and mathematics
- Master oral and written Norwegian (bokmål and nynorsk) and can use language qualified professional context
Tuition includes online lectures, guided practice and study collections. Study sessions on campus can even include seminar work, practical training, work assignments, fieldwork and excursions.
The kindergarten is an important arena for learning in the workplace based kindergarten teacher. Between study sessions on campus, the students tasks to be solved at the individual workplace.
Practice is 15 days and is an integral part of the knowledge area. A more detailed description of the content and progress in practice s term plans and Practice Document for workplace based kindergarten teacher.
Expected scope of work equals 540 hours.
Faculty of Engineering and Science