Find more studies
You have to agree to the terms of this service.
The reminder will be sent 5 days before deadline for these studies.
Back to My studies
After completing the course, the student should have:
• Have knowledge of information, requirement and precautions when working in laboratories at UiA.
• Have knowledge of methods and tools students need when planning and conducting safe laboratory exercises.
• Have knowledge of preventive fire protection.
• Have knowledge of first aid in case of accidents.
• Be able to apply knowledge about HSE when carrying out tasks in laboratories.
• Be able to work with machines, chemicals and work processes without endangering themselves or others.
• Be able to adapt tools for HSE work to different situations and needs.
• Be able to assist fellow students or staff in emergency situations by being able to use first aid and fire equipment properly.
• Be able to use a standardized risk assessment and deviation system.
The course covers nine topics that provide students and staff with the basics for learning the instructions and precautions for laboratory work as part of their education or employment at UiA.
1. Basic HSE
2. Behavior in laboratories
3. Chemicals and waste management
4. Preventive fire protection
5. Practical fire drill and demonstration
6. First aid with heart and lung rescue
7. Practical exercises with heart and lung rescue
8. Guided tour of relevant laboratories focusing on safety regulations and HSE on campus.
9. Optional topic, such as bullying and harassment, data security, or other relevant HSE related topic
Faculty of Engineering and Science