The course is an introduction course for students who do not hold a bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
The course consist of five modules: Statics and Strenght of Materials, Machine Elements, 3D Modeling, Finite Element Modeling and Hydraulics.
Statics and Strenght of Materials:
Calculation Theory of static specific beams, frames, composite structures. Moment-shear-torque and axial stress. Equilibrium, graphical and analytical method. Power Analysis for the linear elastic material. Knowledge of static indefinite structures. Solving. Plastic design
Design. Materials. Fracture hypothesis. Power Analysis. Estimates of security. Relations. Shafts. Critical speeds and balance. Power transfers, stock and gear.
Introducing the use of modern CAD tools and the manufacture of technical drawings. 3D modeling by the application of the CAD program Solid Works with additional tools. There is a particular emphasis on the application of Solid Works as a design tools including design changes, etc. Standards for technical drawing. Introducing mechanism simulation
Introduction to the element method, matrix statics, linear static analysis of application of the rod element, beam elements, plate / shell element and volume element. Application of software
An introduction to the basic fluid mechanics with respect to the flow and loss of hydraulic pipelines. Moreover, given the introduction of electricity and energy in hydraulic components and systems, and hydraulic servo systems
Fluid Mechanics: hydrostatic pressure and force; conservation of mass, energy, Bernoulli's equation; different types of flow, flow in pipes, pressure
Fluid power: hydraulic fluids (applications, types, properties); pumps and motors (applications, types, properties); valves (applications, types, properties); other components (filters, tanks, hoses, pipes, accumulators, gaskets); power systems (types, loss); hydro mechanical regulated fluid power systems; electro-hydraulic servo systems
Two written individual examinations: Hydraulics - 3 hours (20% contribution to final assessment), the other four modules - 4 hours - (80% contribution to final assessment). Both exams must be assesed to a pass. Graded assessment.
First year of master's programme.
Faculty of Engineering and Science