In order to carry out the IKT591 master thesis, the students must wihin the start of the 3rd semester:
- have passed examinations corresponding to 60 ECTS credits in the Master's programme
- have a minimum grade point average of B.
- Furthermore, IKT591 can only be carried out after a special agreement with the University of Agder, and is only approved for students who pursue a research career or have an industry agreement. The topic of the thesis has to be approved by the University of Agder.
On successful completion of the master thesis project, the students will be able to
- apply their knowledge in new areas within ICT
- analyze ICT problems, both from a research and an industrial perspective
- obtain skills required to analyze existing theories and methods, and to independently solve both applied and theoretical problems
- apply relevant research and development methods in an independent manner
- critically analyze various information sources, and apply these for structuring and formulating arguments
- conduct an independent research and development project under supervision, according to governing academic and ethical research standards
- convey comprehensive independent work by mastering relevant expression forms used within ICT research and development
- disseminate applied and theoretical problems and solutions, orally and in writing, both to peers and to the public
- contribute with innovation and new ideas both in academic and industrial ICT projects
Written report, poster and oral presentation. The report and other submitted work can be written and presented in English, Norwegian or another Scandinavian language. Graded assessment.
The students choose whether they want to write the master's thesis individually or in groups of maximum three students. The assessment given on the thesis may be individually adjusted maximum one grade up/down after the oral presentation. Students taking a new or postponed exam, cannot submit an improved version of the master's thesis.
Faculty of Engineering and Science