Upon completion of this course students have knowledge of
• the phonemes of English and their articulation
• how the articulation of phonemes in words and utterances can influence each other
• the most important intonation patterns in English, their meaning and make up
• the most important differences between standard British and standard American pronunciation
• the problems of English pronunciation for foreign learners, especially with a Norwegian language background
Upon completion of this course students can
• read transcriptions of English words written using IPA symbols
• transcribe words using IPA symbols
All students: Students must complete 80% of the digital exercises by the deadlines given.
For the teacher students: Approved practice and one written assignment must be assessed as a Pass.
All other students: Two written assignments must be assessed as a Pass.
Faculty of Humanities and Education