Here you'll find some of the most frequently asked questions regarding written examinstions (some of the questions will only be relevant if the examination is digital).
Do I need to install any specific software prior to my digital school exam?
- Yes, you need to download specific browsers for exams You will find more information regarding this and instructions on our website. Please, make sure that you have the updated version of the browser for each exam period.
Can someone help me install the software?
- Yes, every semester we will arrange workshops where students can bring their own laptops and receive the help they need to install the necessary software.
How do I remove the software after the exam is over?
- If you wish to remove the browser from your laptop: Go to Start, Control panel, Programs and functions. Press the right button on your computer mouse and choose <Avinstaller>(Remove). If you encounter problems removing the software, please contact IT-help.
Can I use an Ipad instead of a laptop?
Can I use a hybrid computer?
When trying to log in I am told that my password has expired – what can I do?
- You must remember to renew your password regularly. If your password has expired, you need to contact IT-help.
What happens if my laptop breaks down on the day of the exam or during the exam- will I still be able to take my exam?
- Yes, but if you are not able to use your laptop, you will be given paper to write your exam on.
Borrowing a laptop
I don't own my own laptop - what do I do?
- If you don't have your own laptop, you can apply to borrow a laptop from UiA. You will find the application form under "required equipment" on this webpage.
What is the deadline for the application?
- The deadline is November 07th for all examinations which take place in the ordinary exam period in the fall semester. If you have a mid-term exam, you need to send us the application no later then 14 days prior to the exam.
Do I need to pick up the laptop I'm going to borrow before the day of the examination?
- No, it will be brought to the examination room which you have been allocated to. The exam browser will already be installed on the laptop, but please note that it is still your responsibility to make yourself familiar with how the exam platform works well before the examination day, for instance by attending a workshop.
Special examination arrangements
As a special arrangement I have been granted extended time for my exam - how does that work?
- If you have been granted extended time for your written examination, the examination office will make the necessary changes in the layout so that your exam will be extended as agreed upon.
As a special arrangement I have been granted permission to use a computer with spell check software for my exam - can I bring my own laptop?
- No, you will be placed in a computer -lab where you will use stationary computers.
As a special arrangement I have been granted permission to use a computer without spell check software for my exam - can I bring my own laptop?
- As a rule all students who have been granted permission to use a computer without spell check software are to use their own laptops for digital examinations. If you need to sit in a computer lab for specific reasons, please contact the examination office well in advance of your exam.
What if I don't want to use a computer on a digital exam, is it possible to use pen and paper instead?
- Yes, you can apply for this as a special examination arrangement. You'll find the application form here.
Where can I find my candidate number?
- You will find your candidate number on StudentWeb
Where will my exam take place?
- The assigned room for your exam can be found on Studentweb 2-4 days prior the exam.
When do I have to be present in the exam room?
- For digital examinations no later than 8:30 AM ( for exams that start later then 9 AM you need to be present half an hour prior to the start time of the exam)
Will the exam questions be handed out on paper or given digitally?
- The exam questions will be handed out to you on paper in the exam room.
There will also be draft paper available for those who want to use that.
Will my exam be anonymous to the examiners?
- Yes, all the written examinations are anonymous.
Will I receive a copy of my exam answers?
- Yes, you will find a copy of your exam answers in Inspera in PDF for all written examinations. Please note, however, that you need to download it to your computer if you want to file it.
For other exam you have take care of your own copy (the blue one)
When will I receive the result of my exam and where can it be found?
- You can find the deadline for the exam results on Studentweb and you will also find your grade on Studentweb where is says as soon as the assessment is completed.