The INMOST project, Indo-Norwegian Collaboration in Intelligent Offshore Mechatronics Systems, establishes the long-term collaboration in world-class research and education between Norway and India. The project is coordinated by UiA, in collaboration with NTNU, NORCE and highly reputed Indian universities including National Institute of Technology Goa (NIT Goa), Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati (IIT Tirupati), Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad (IIT Palakkad) and Indian Institute of Technology Indore (IIT Indore).
This project covers broad areas of research in the fields of offshore industry, wind energy, robotics, and automation by applying advanced control, robotics and vision, smart sensing, decentralized wireless communications, in-network processing and intelligence for wireless sensor and communication networks, machine and deep learning for data analytics, energy harvesting based smart electronic systems, adaptive learning in offshore mechatronics systems.
The key objectives of the INMOST project are to:
• Strengthen collaborative network between industry and academia and develop models for technology transfer, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
• Increased value creation and enhanced innovation by using smart sensing, machine learning, advanced control techniques in offshore mechatronics systems.
• Facilitate education and knowledge sharing through better mobility for students and researchers.
• Create an arena for generation of research and innovation projects.
• Increased utilization of research and educational infrastructure both in Norway and India.
• Integrate professionals from industries and academics through workshops, seminars, webinars and summer/winter schools.
Indian Institute of Technology (Indore)
Indian Institute of Technology (Palakkad)
Indian Institute of Technology (Tirupati)
National Institute of Technology Goa