To successfully apply for a PhD programme at UiA, you need to:
• Apply for and get an announced Research Fellow (Candidate) position (see Vacancies at UiA)
• Obtain a financial guarantee from an employer/organisation. Such a guarantee normally includes 3 years of salary, operating costs, a work-place and supervision. The University of Agder does not accept private financial support (own saved money, funding by spouse/family, etc.) as a basis for admission to a PhD programme.
• Meet formal admission requirements concerning grades and subject area (regulations)
• Have the required competence with academic English
• Respect the duty of residence: The candidate should normally reside at the university for a significant part of the effective study period.
Further information can be found in the PhD programme pages and under ‘ documents’.