Campus Kristiansand will be without power in the afternoon on 1 and 2 July, from 5pm to 9pm, which means that the buildings will be inaccessible. More will be closed on Wednesday than on Thursday. The computer network will be turned off all over campus, but only on Wednesday 1 July from 5pm to 9pm.
It is important to remember that the power will be switched off at 5pm both days and turned back on at 9pm, according to schedule.
When large parts of the computer network is shut down, including the wireless network during parts of this period, the student accommodation, Kunnskapsparken, Spicheren and others will also be affected - but it is only on Wednesday 1 July that the entire campus is affected.
Campus Grimstad will not be directly affected, but some computer systems may be inaccessible.
“Will everything be shut down even for those who work remotely?”
“If you sit at home, most things will be available, but there may be systems that have dependencies on something that is shut down at Campus Kristiansand”, says team leader at UiA Computer Centre, Helge Høynes.
The reason for the shutdown is upgrades and construction work. The power cut is done in collaboration with the Norwegian Directorate of Public Construction and Property. Doors, computer networks and lights will be out, so when the power is gone, campus buildings will be inaccessible.
See below what buildings will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday respectively.
- The entire campus of Kristiansand
- The student accommodation
- The Natural History Museum and Botanical Garden
Wednesday 1 July from 5pm – 9pm, these buildings on Campus Kristiansand are closed due to the power shutoff.
- Building A - Henrik Wergeland's house
- Building B – The auditorium block
- Building C - Vilhelm Krag's hall with adjacent facilities
- Building D - Jørgen Aall's house
- Building E - Camilla Collett's house
- Building E - Kristian Schjelderup's house
- Building F - Andreas Feragen's house
Thursday 2 July from 5pm – 9pm, these buildings on Campus Kristiansand will be closed due to the power shutoff. The computer network in these buildings will naturally also be down.
- Building G - Kirsten Flagstad's house
- Building H - Eilert Sundt's house
- Building I - Ketil Moe's house
- Building J - Niels Henrik Abel's house