I am a researcher in the field of offshore structural engineering.
The link to my research group can be found here.
Ph.D. (Marine Structures), Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
M. Eng. (Design and Construction of Ship and Ocean Structures), Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China.
B. Eng. (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering), Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China.
My research interests cover the following areas:
Marine structures: design methods, aquaculture structures, mooring systems.
Offshore wind turbine technology: numerical simulation methods; statistical methods; dynamics of bottom-fixed and floating wind turbines; drivetrain technology.
Marine operation: novel concepts; response-based assessment, operational limits, environmental parameters.
BYG-306 Steel and timber structure design (Fall 2020)
BYG-505 Fatigue design (Spring 2020)
BYG-506 Finite element method in construction (Spring 2019)
IND-422 Risk management (Fall 2019, 2020, 2021)
PhD course: ENE-607 Structural reliability (Fall 2019)
From Sept 2018 to Present, Associate Professor, University of Agder, Norway.
From Aug 2016 to Aug 2018, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
From Oct 2014 to Aug 2016, Marine Analysis Engineer, NOV/APL Norway AS, Norway.
Associate Editor, ASME Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, 2021 Topics Board, Fluids, 2020
Representative of UiA in the European Academy of Wind Energy, 2021
Reviewer for 30 international journals including Wind Energy, Renewable Energy, and Marine Structures since 2014
1. Liang, G. "Design and optimisation of floating wind farms", 2019-2022
2. Hellum, V. "Fatigue of offshore mooring chains", 2018-2022
1. Najim, S., "Design and Analysis of a Novel Semi-submersible Floater Supporting a 5MW Wind Turbine", UiA, Spring 2021.
2. Gran, V.A., Pedersen, S.N., Widestam, O. "Design optimisation of a funnel-shaped floating dock for installation of offshore wind turbines", UiA, Spring 2020.
1. Lien, S., Midtgarden, T.A., Bjørni, F.A., "Prediction of Floating Wind Turbine Responses using Machine Learning Methods", UiA, Spring 2021.
2. Søvik, S.R., Marcussen, L.U., and Skrudland, T.K., "The effect of a passive tuned mass damper on an offshore wind turbine installation", UiA, Spring 2019.
3. Bjørnholm, M., Nielsen, M., Salvesen, M.D., and Larsen, J.M., "Damage identification of an offshore jacket wind turbine structure", UiA, Spring 2019.
I am open to research collaboration, research visits, and exchange of ideas.
Please feel free to reach me.
Last changed: 2.12.2021 16:12