- Specialist infectious-and tropical diseases
- Previous research director at Sorlandet Hospital
- PhD based on work on diagnostics and control of schistosomiasis and other infectious diseases in the Blue Nile Valley of Ethiopia
- 30 years research on health related development issues in several African countries and more than 75 publications in referee-based journals.
- Advised about 10 PhD candidates.
- Member of various national- and international research- and development organizations and boards.
- Health related development issues with focus on the effect of chronic infections on public health. Special interest in the use of locally available tools of intervention (plants, antioxidant-rich food etc.).
- Health-related effects in disasters with focus on the effects of environmental change on water-borne diseases and other infections
Several large international research groups and projects financed by Gates Foundation, EU, NRC, Health South East etc:
- Female genital schistosomiasis and HIV: large international network with ongoing research in South Africa etc.
- Liver fibrosis by schistosomiasis: Ongoing studies in Ethiopia by intervention with the locally available antioxidant rich leaves of the Moringa tree.
- Modern Hepatitis diagnistics and treatment in resource poor countries (Ethiopia)
Last changed: 21.06.2018 14:06