I want to contribute to the development of the University of Agder and be a voice for temporary employees in matters that concern us.
Marius Trandheim Kristiansen
Department of Management
– I want to contribute to the development of the University of Agder and be a voice for temporary employees in matters that concern us. This is a role where I have experience and believe that I can help find good solutions to the cases that is presented for us.
1. That the consequences of the pandemic do not reduce the offer to temporary employees. In the coming period, there will probably be many cases linked to measures because of the pandemic. My role in this will be to contribute to good solutions that take care of temporary employees in all forms, phd research fellows, postdocs, part-time teachers, and employees in half- and full-time positions.
2. High focus on activities and measures that give temporary employees good prospects, both in the form of more permanent positions or in an increased proportion of projects with temporary positions. We must allow ourselves to be creative in collaboration with politicians and business locally, as well as academia and business nationally and internationally to highlight the value of the work we put in and what a resource we are for employers and society.
3. That UiA continues the work of good reputation building. For the temporary employees who do not get or do not want permanent employment, it is important that the work experience we gain here becomes an advantage in our further careers.
– Through education in political science and participation in political processes, I learned the importance of good communication and clear messages. The education in marketing and management helped to further develop these skills, and I have practical experience from board positions in the public sector, private sector, and volunteering. I want to use this experience to speak on behalf of the temporary staff on the university board.
– I am a family man with two young children, working on a PhD related to how digital technologies affect the business model of industrial companies. I have study and work experience from Norway and internationally and I have experience in establishing companies.
Previous board experience: