At UiA we work continuously to take our share of responsibility for the biggest challenge of our time: climate and the environment. We have drawn up an action plan with six focus areas to contribute to greener operation of the university and a reduced climate footprint.
Goal 2030: UiA must achieve climate neutral operations by 2030.
1. UiA must carry out emissions accounting with concrete emission targets divided into defined categories.
2. UiA must use the emissions accounts as a basis for overall decisions, both policy decisions and decisions regarding project implementation.
3. UiA must work with building owners to reduce emissions when carrying out construction projects
Goal 2030: UiA must reduce energy use on campus by 40 per cent by 2030.
Goal 2024: UiA must reduce energy use on campus by 15 per cent.
Goal 2030: All transport connected to UiA must be emission-free (non-fossil).
1. UiA must commit to emission-free transport of people, goods and services in ordinary procurement processes.
2. UiA must work to ensure that more people walk, cycle and use public transport to and from work.
3. UiA must facilitate for the emission-free vehicles of its employees and students.
4. UiA must reduce emissions related to travel activities, especially from air travel.
Goal 2030: UiA must reduce the amount of waste by 40 per cent per user as well as increase waste recycling to 75 per cent in cooperation with the building owner.
Goal 2024: UiA must reduce the amount of waste by 20 per cent per user.
1. UiA must reduce the amount of waste
2. UiA must facilitate longevity, reuse and recycling
Goal 2030: Procurement must be a central means for delivering environmental gains and contribute to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
Goal 2024: UiA must enforce standard environmental requirements for all procurements and document the environmental impact of these.
Goal 2030: Estates and buildings connected to Campus Kristiansand and Campus Grimstad are managed with the best interests of the environment, students and employees in mind.
Goal 2024: UiA must improve its land use.
We have 3000 square metres of solar panels on campus.
We recycle over 50 per cent of our waste.
We have reduced our energy consumption by 17 per cent per square metre in Kristiansand.