- Søknad og opptak
- Eldre studiehåndbøker
- Godkjenning / fritak
- Permisjon og sluttmelding
- Selvvalgt bachelor
- Akademisk kalender
- Ulykker som involverer studenter
- Utgifter ifm. praksis
- Lover og forskrifter
SV-212-1 Media, Communication and Democracy
Equivalent of one year´s study in a social science field.
After completion of the course the student will:
- Have a broad knowledge of the interplay between the media and social processes of communication
- Have knowledge about political and cultural communication, in light of perspectives on globalization
- Be able to reflect on the roles and impacts of news and journalism in society
- Be able to contextualize perspectives as these in relation to current events and issues locally, nationally and internationally
Focusing on both local and global perspectives, questions we raise are such as these:
- What characterizes the news media and their means and methods of covering politics and societal issues?
- How ought we to think about media power, freedom of speech, and democracy?
- What major changes in the development of media institutions and communication technologies ought we to take note of in this context?
- What kind of roles do the media play in opinion formation?
- How do political actors apply media strategies in their endeavor to influence the public?
A combination of lectures and group work.
Accepted project paper with a pass/no pass mark.
5 hours written school exam with graded marks.
med 10 studiepoeng
ST-201- 2 med 10 studiepoeng
ST-201- 3 med 10 studiepoeng
Fakultet for økonomi og samfunnsvitenskap