- Søknad og opptak
- Eldre studiehåndbøker
- Godkjenning / fritak
- Permisjon og sluttmelding
- Selvvalgt bachelor
- Akademisk kalender
- Ulykker som involverer studenter
- Utgifter ifm. praksis
- Lover og forskrifter
MU-400-1 Music Business I
On successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Get an overview of relevant models of governance and leadership.
- Learn about the management of change, how to cope with scaleable businesses in an environment of transition.
- Have acquired knowledge about intellectual property rights, author´s rights, patent law, contract law and company law.
- Understand IPR within an arts management/cultural industry context.
- Understand where the music industry is coming from and the connection between its different revenue streams.
This course is organised to facilitate an understanding of the central concepts and practice of leadership and organisational management and to prepare students for the challenges managing evolving music industry firms and entrepreneurial ventures operating in global and local music markets imply.
A study of
Intellectual Property, including international conventions,
copyrights, author´s rights, performer´s rights, producer´s
rights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and rights of
privacy and publicity. The student is provided with an overview
of company laws in the most relevant territories, standard
industry contracts and contract law.
- Overview of the different players, organizations and institutions
- the foundations of the recorded music business
- overview of the various aspects of artist management
The course will focus on the practical applications of Leadership and Management to the music industry through case studies, group role-playing, and simulations to enhance their leadership abilities while developing skills in organisational efficiency, managerial effectiveness, adaptability and alignment. The course makes use of lectures, group work and workshops. The student will provide written papers with analysis of business cases. Compulsory attendance.
One 5-hour individual written
Assessed on the basis A-F (with A as the highest level and F as fail)
Fakultet for kunstfag