Student Organisation in Agder (STA)
Everyone who studies at the University of Agder and has paid the current semester registration fee (foreign exchange students are exempt) is a member of STA.
STA promotes students' interests on academic, economic, social and cultural matters. It works actively to mesh the different student milieus at the University of Agder and mirror the diversity of student activities.
Furthermore, it aims to ensure that instruction is carried out as intended, and to secure a good social and learning environment so that everyone receives the opportunity to develop themselves and their studies in a wider context. The student organization cooperates with other student organisations and parliaments.
The Student Parliament (SP) is STA's highest elected body. SP is an electoral body, and appoints students to the various councils, boards and committees at the university and within the student organisation. These elections and appointments are normally made in the middle of November. The elected period is until the following calendar year.
Central boards, councils and committees with student representation:
* The board of the University of Agder
* Faculty boards
* Study programme committees
* Learning environment committee
* The board's appeals committee
* Code of conduct committee
* Employment committee, academic positions
* Election board for elections of central positions and committees at Agder
* Prize committee (prize for outstanding academic activity, academic staff)
* Board, SiA
* Board, Sørbok (student bookshop)
The Student Organisation in Agder, Service Box 422, 4614 Kristiansand
Visiting address: Gimlemoen 24
Tel:+47 38 14 20 10
Fax: +47 38 14 20 11
Mobile: 926 26 043
Students on the Grimstad and Arendal campuses use the following email addresses :