- Academic calendar
- Acts and regulations
- Approvals, credit transfer and exemptions
- Citing sources
- E-learning: Fronter
- Guide to ECTS Course Catalogue
- General practical information
- Information about the University of Agder
- International Education Office
- Exchange students
- Faculties & administration
- Financial support
- Individual education plan
- IT services
- Open bachelor's degree
- Reading- and Group Rooms
- Registration – StudentWeb
- Special needs and health services
- Student Accidents and Deaths
- Student guidance
- Student information services
ORG432-G Communication and Cooperation
On successful completion of the course, the student should:
- Be able to identify different challenges concerning leadership in cross-cultural teams.
- Know how to establish well-functioning teams and also be able to see their own personality and problem solving skills and consequences for team effectiveness.
- Be able to structure teamwork and solve personal conflicts within the team.
- Be capable of writing their own analysis of team development and team processes.
Introduction to the theory of leadership and team development. Traits and motivation concerning leadership and followership. Leadership behaviour and leadership styles. Influencing tactics of a leader. How to motivate and coach team members. Development of creativity and innovation. Ethic behaviour in the leadership role and theory about communication and conflict resolution skills in team. How effective teams can be established.
Seminar course including lectures, exercises and group work. Compulsory assignments.
Compulsory assignments must be approved. Information about the compulsory assignments will be given in Fronter at the start of the course.
Written reflection report. Graded assessment.
Programme Coordinator Ole-Christoffer Granmo
Available on request
The syllabus will be published on the home page of the course when finalised. See link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- 5 ECTS credits
OR-4150- G - 5 ECTS credits
OR-4150- G2 - 5 ECTS credits
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences