- Academic calendar
- Acts and regulations
- Approvals, credit transfer and exemptions
- Citing sources
- E-learning: Fronter
- Guide to ECTS Course Catalogue
- General practical information
- Information about the University of Agder
- International Education Office
- Exchange students
- Faculties & administration
- Financial support
- Individual education plan
- IT services
- Open bachelor's degree
- Reading- and Group Rooms
- Registration – StudentWeb
- Special needs and health services
- Student Accidents and Deaths
- Student guidance
- Student information services
ORG205-G Business Strategy
The aim is to provide students with an understanding of a company as a whole, its market and competition situation, external requirements and strategic management decisions.
The course provides insight into the interaction between different organisations and their surroundings, internal renewal and change processes. Furthermore, the course gives a brief survey of central concepts and analytical tools in business strategy as well as theories in organisational training, innovation and change.
- A brief survey of the system of concepts and analytical tools in business strategy. Emphasis is on strategy development bottom-up, criteria for strategic evaluation, ethics and implementation.
- Ideological foundation, mission statement, interaction theories, collaboration and alliances.
- Creativity, innovation and change. Organisational and management forms that encourage or discourage innovation.
- Learning theories, empiricism, learn-to-learn models, theories concerning mastering and helplessness, and theories concerning organisational learning.
Strategic goals and processes, competition and competitiveness, strategy on various levels in the company, implementation and strategic changes.
Lechtures and group form
2 approved mandatory assignments
4-hour written examination with graded marks
Normally second year
Professor Hans Chr. G.Johnsen
Available on request
The syllabus will be published on the home page of the course when finalised. See link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- 5 ECTS credits
ORG205- 1 - 5 ECTS credits
ORG209- 1 - 5 ECTS credits
ORG209- G - 5 ECTS credits
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences