- Academic calendar
- Acts and regulations
- Approvals, credit transfer and exemptions
- Citing sources
- E-learning: Fronter
- Guide to ECTS Course Catalogue
- General practical information
- Information about the University of Agder
- International Education Office
- Exchange students
- Faculties & administration
- Financial support
- Individual education plan
- IT services
- Open bachelor's degree
- Reading- and Group Rooms
- Registration – StudentWeb
- Special needs and health services
- Student Accidents and Deaths
- Student guidance
- Student information services
SV-118-1 Social Science 1
On successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- describe the most significant psychological theories which explain the human being´s normal development
- give an account of various educational aspects and principles for instruction and guidance
- give an account of various communication aspects and communication forms
- apply various forms of communication
- understand why power and powerlessness are relational aspects by nursing practice
ECTS credits distribution based on the National Curriculum:
- Psychology and education 5 credits
- Communication, interaction and conflict management 4 credits
- Sociology and socio-anthropology 1 credits
The objective of the course is that the students acquire a basic knowledge and understanding of psychology, education, communication, sociology and socio-anthropology to be able to practice nursing.
- Psychological development theories
- Social learning theory
- Educational function of nursing staff
- Educational theory
- Instruction, guidance, counselling and health information
- Communication theory
- Communication techniques and - skills
Lectures, study groups and exercises.
Compulsory participation in communication exercises.
Requirements of compulsory communication exercises must be met, or alternative course requirements must be met.
A graded 4-hour written individual examination.
Please consult the students' learning management system Fronter (course SV-118) for examination guidelines.
Study programme Coordinator: Marthe M. Fensli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The syllabus will be published on the home page of the course when finalised. See link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- 5 ECTS credits
SV-118- A1 - 10 ECTS credits
SV-107- A1 - 5 ECTS credits
SV-118- G - 10 ECTS credits
Faculty of Health and Sports Sciences