- Academic calendar
- Acts and regulations
- Approvals, credit transfer and exemptions
- Citing sources
- E-learning: Fronter
- Guide to ECTS Course Catalogue
- General practical information
- Information about the University of Agder
- International Education Office
- Exchange students
- Faculties & administration
- Financial support
- Individual education plan
- IT services
- Open bachelor's degree
- Reading- and Group Rooms
- Registration – StudentWeb
- Special needs and health services
- Student Accidents and Deaths
- Student guidance
- Student information services
NV-101-G Medical and biological topics 1
The objective of the course is to have students acquire a basic knowledge and understanding of natural scientific and medical topics in order to be able to practice nursing.
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- explain the construction and function of the cell
- describe genetics and heredity
- give an account of human anatomy and physiology
- give an account of nutrients and central conditions of nutrition physiology
- give an account of micro-organisms` construction and formation, understand the body` s immune defence system and spread of disease as well as give an account of prevention of infection both within and outside of institutions
ECTS credits distribution based on the
Anatomy, physiology and biochemistry 8 ECTS credits
Microbiology, infectious diseases and hygiene 2 ECTS credits
The course will provide the students with basic knowledge and understanding of natural sciences and medical topics to be able to practice nursing.
- Organs/organ systems` anatomy and physiology
- Nutrition physiology
- Immune defence
- Infection prevention
Lectures and supervised study groups.
The university offers a remedial course in chemistry.
Completed individual at-home assignment. For details please refer to the students´ learning management system Fronter (course NV-101).
A graded 5-hour written individual examination.
First year in bachelor's programme.
Study programme Coordinator: Marthe M. Fensli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The syllabus will be published on the home page of the course when finalised. See link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- 10 ECTS credits
NV-101- 1 - 10 ECTS credits
Faculty of Health and Sports Sciences