- Academic calendar
- Acts and regulations
- Approvals, credit transfer and exemptions
- Citing sources
- E-learning: Fronter
- Guide to ECTS Course Catalogue
- General practical information
- Information about the University of Agder
- International Education Office
- Exchange students
- Faculties & administration
- Financial support
- Individual education plan
- IT services
- Open bachelor's degree
- Reading- and Group Rooms
- Registration – StudentWeb
- Special needs and health services
- Student Accidents and Deaths
- Student guidance
- Student information services
ME-511-1 Master's Thesis in Public Health Science
On successful completion of the course, students will
- be able to apply their knowledge in quality assurance regarding the collection and processing of data connected to public health in the master´s thesis
- posses a thorough knowledge and understanding of the theoretical rationale and the methodology connected to the master´s thesis
- be able to account for methodological challenges and scientific theoretical problems connected to the public health scientific research performed by the student
- be able to contribute to new thinking in public health research
The master´s thesis is an individual piece of work.
Supervision constitutes an important component in the work with the master´s thesis. The supervision ensures that the student is provided with the necessary knowledge and entails a necessary quality assurance of the collection and processing of data as well as ensuring that this is conducted within research ethical guidelines. Supervision is therefore a compulsory part of the study for students who wish to hand in a master´s thesis.
The closing date for the application of approval of a topic for the master´s thesis and the appointment of a supervisor is 1 June for students commencing HEL505 Research Practice in the fall and 1 November for students commencing in the spring.
The teaching consists of supervision. Some of the supervision may be individual and some in groups. A minimum of 10 supervisions is compulsory. The students will be offered supervision in accordance with a special contract of supervision.
Passed ME-510 research Practice, 15 ECTS credits
The master´s thesis including an oral examination will be graded A-F.
Initially the student gets a grade on the master´s thesis. This grade may be adjusted one grade up or down depending on the oral presentation and talk about the thesis. During the oral hearing the student will initially give a presentation of the master´s thesis. The rest of the time should be spent on a conversation about the master´s thesis including for instance strong and weak sides of the work at hand. The duration of the oral examination will be approximately one hour including for instance 20-30 minutes of presentation and 30-40 minutes of conversation.
Theoretical / practical
Programme coordinator: Nina C. Øverby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The syllabus will be published on the home page of the course when finalised. See link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
Faculty of Health and Sports Sciences