- Academic calendar
- Acts and regulations
- Approvals, credit transfer and exemptions
- Citing sources
- E-learning: Fronter
- Guide to ECTS Course Catalogue
- General practical information
- Information about the University of Agder
- International Education Office
- Exchange students
- Faculties & administration
- Financial support
- Individual education plan
- IT services
- Open bachelor's degree
- Reading- and Group Rooms
- Registration – StudentWeb
- Special needs and health services
- Student Accidents and Deaths
- Student guidance
- Student information services
JU-100-1 Law 1
Upon successful completion of this course the student should be able to understand:
- legal reasoning
- the basic rules of formation of contracts , interpretation and invalidity
- basic knowledge of sale of goods
- the structure of administration, basic principals of administration and the rules of administrational law
The aim of this course is to provide an introduction to legal method and a survey of certain central legal topics. The primary section is an introduction to contract law (basic rules about contract entry, interpretation and invalidity), sales law (introduction to the Sale of Goods act, other legalistic contract laws will also be touched upon) and administrative law (administration's construction, legalistic administrative basic principles, the administrative process - major emphasis will be placed on the administrative process/ casework rules). Ethical questions in contract, sales and administrative law will be covered through assignments.
Lectures and group work 3-4 hours per week
Approved compulsory assignment (group work).
3-hour written examination with graded marks.
First cycle i.e. bachelor level.
Normally first year.
Student Adviser Anne Line Omsland.
The syllabus will be published on the home page of the course when finalised. See link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- 5 ECTS credits
JU-2500- 1 - 0 ECTS credits
JU-1100- 2 - 5 ECTS credits
JU-1100- G - 5 ECTS credits
JU-1100- G2 - 5 ECTS credits
JU-2500- G - 0 ECTS credits
JU-303- 1 - 5 ECTS credits
JU-2600- 1 - 0 ECTS credits
JU-2600- 2 - 0 ECTS credits
JU-2600- G - 0 ECTS credits
JU-2600- G2 - 0 ECTS credits
JU-100- G - 5 ECTS credits
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences