- Academic calendar
- Acts and regulations
- Approvals, credit transfer and exemptions
- Citing sources
- E-learning: Fronter
- Guide to ECTS Course Catalogue
- General practical information
- Information about the University of Agder
- International Education Office
- Exchange students
- Faculties & administration
- Financial support
- Individual education plan
- IT services
- Open bachelor's degree
- Reading- and Group Rooms
- Registration – StudentWeb
- Special needs and health services
- Student Accidents and Deaths
- Student guidance
- Student information services
IS-203-1 Advanced Database Systems
Upon succesful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- demonstrate skills of analysis, design and construction of a relational database by using modern development tools
- demonstrate insight into how databases are administrated
- explain principles for:
- client/server architecture
- distributed databases
- OLAP and data warehouses
- Internet as a database environment
- demonstrate insight into development trends related to database technology
- programme procedures, functions and packages in a modern data base tool such as Oracle PL/SQL, MySql or similar
- analyze SQL sentences with regard to output
- programme triggers
- be knowledgeable about management/administration of an database with rights (e.g access), backup and other tasks.
The course provides insight into central theory about and practice with database systems along with actual use of modern development tools. Students gain knowledge of current database development tools by experiencing the development process from a data model through to a complete, user orientated database system.
4-9 hours lectures and group sessions per week.
A 4 hour written, individual examination which comprises 60 % and a portfolio assessment which comprises the remaining 40 %. Both parts must be passed. The portfolio can typically consist of a selection of compulsory assignments. The portfolio assessment must be passed in order to sit the individual examination.
First cycle, i.e. Bachelor level.
Normally, second or third year of Bachelor programme.
Carl Erik Moe.
The syllabus will be published on the home page of the course when finalised. See link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- 10 ECTS credits
IS-3700- 2 - 10 ECTS credits
Yes, subject to availability
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences