- Academic calendar
- Acts and regulations
- Approvals, credit transfer and exemptions
- Citing sources
- E-learning: Fronter
- Guide to ECTS Course Catalogue
- General practical information
- Information about the University of Agder
- International Education Office
- Exchange students
- Faculties & administration
- Financial support
- Individual education plan
- IT services
- Open bachelor's degree
- Reading- and Group Rooms
- Registration – StudentWeb
- Special needs and health services
- Student Accidents and Deaths
- Student guidance
- Student information services
Bachelor's Programme in Bilingual Education
180 ECTS credits - 6 years - Kristiansand
The program is 3-yearly Subject Teacher education, 180 ECTS credits with the possibility of approval of previous education.
Scale corresponds to three-year full time study. The individual subject will be added as part-time studies.
Course is targeted at bilingual people with minority language backgrounds.
Program is developed in collaboration between nine institutions. Instutitutions constitutes an educational network which in this context be described as University College cooperation in Norway (HiNo). HiHm is the project manager and has coordination responsibility within HiNo.
Pedagogy 1 in Subject Teacher education for bilingual
30 ECTS credits
Pedagogy 2 in Subject Teacher education for bilingual
30 ECTS credits
The native language (option a school subject if the course in the native language does not exist)
30 ECTS credits
PED131, Language didactics
(includes emerging reading and writing instruction)
30 ECTS credits
60 ECTS credits in one or two subjects (30+30)
(subjects must be school subjects)
SUPERVISED PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Program organized as part-time study with meetings and work between meetings. Practical training is organized to normal as continuous practice periods. See point about the Organization and working methods.
Program contains the following required courses:
Pedagogy 1 - PED141 - ECTS credits
Pedagogy 2 - PED142 - ECTS credits
The native language - 30 ECTS credits (Common courses plan in the project that adapts to the appropriate languages)
Language didactics - PED131 - 30 ECTS credits
When it comes to the native language, it may be appropriate to conduct this course at the University, University Collage abroad. Course in the native language can be replaced by application with a school subject (subjects that correspond to subjects in primary school) if course in the native language does not exist.
Selection part shall contain a minimum of 60 ECTS credits school subjects. This can be taken as a subject or subject´s area at 60 ECTS credits, option 30+30 ECTS credits in two subjects or subject´s area.
Appropriate native languages that will be offered through the institutions that participate in cooperation
Appropriate selections course that will be offered through the institutions that participate in cooperation
Natural and Environmental Sciences
By specific recognition and exemption it should be emphasized that the student receives a versatile and comprehensive education. Program can contain up to 120 ECTS credits from institutions abroad. Program includes minimum 12-week supervised practice (10 weeks if one has accepted pedagogical education from home country). Practice should be distributed evenly throughout the study course. It referred to their own practice plan.
Arrangements for the recognition of prior learning are described in the information on the institution under "General arrangements for the recognition of prior learning (formal, informal and non-formal)".
For a description of the examination regulations, see the Examination Regulations of the University of Agder.
For information about the Norwegian grading system, see ECTS credits and grades. Specific information on grading for each course is found in the individual course descriptions.
The Examination Regulations of the University of Agder regulate the graduation requirements for each programme of study.
After implementing the program the students have developed:
- Professional competence: Knowledge about children, childhood and educational work with children and youth in kindergarten and primary school, knowledge about different theories within and across relevant disciplines
- Didactic competence: Knowledge of and ability to plan, implement and evaluate inclusive education
- Social competence: understanding of the importance of a learning environment characterized by cooperation, mutual respect and the joy of mastering for everyone, while understanding and ability to work with the children's home, staff in kindergarten and schools and other cooperation partners. Skills in leadership and educational guidance.
- Change and development expertise: Ability to assess the subject development and social changes that have significance for teaching, ability to initiate and adapt to changes within their own institution (school, kindergarten). Reflect on and show the willingness and ability to change practice as a result of the guidance.
- Professional competence: Ability to reflect on the school, the kindergarten of value, over their own values, attitudes and behavior, ethical challenges in the teaching profession.
Through the program have the students enhanced their awareness and attitude to their own cultural background and their job as a bilingual and multicultural model and as a culture intermediary to both children from their own minority group, from other minority groups and from the dominant group.
Program organized as part-time study with meetings and work between meetings. Practical training is organized to normal as continuous togetherness practice periods. During the meetings, students will gain insight into and experience of different working methods as Problem Based Learning, Storyline and Project work. Teaching (work forms) varies between independent study, group discussions, lectures, seminars and oral presentations. Between meetings the students will receive assignments of different nature as to be answered. It is therefore a prerequisite for study participation the students have access to the PC and the Internet.
Stated in the course descriptions. Assurance Evaluator takes place throughout the year and in practice.
Completed bachelors degree programme in teacher education for bilingual providing subjects expertise in the native language and as lecturer in the native language and the teaching subjects that are included in the study according Regulations of the education law §14-2.
For those who meet the requirements necessary to Norwegian knowledge, the last possible to extend expertise to Teacher or Pre-school teacher by having the subjects they are missing in education lonely build up to bachelors degree programme. It is possible in the same manner and with the same requirements as any other teacher study to build up on this education to a Master's degree.
Requirements for participation in practice:
A declaration of secrecy is to be signed electronic.
A clean, less than 3 months old, Police record that shows that the student is not accused or convicted of any sexual assaults towards children, must be presented at the start of the programme.
Students who come from or have been more than 3 months in countries outside Western Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan are required to have a tuberculosis examination.
Programme coordinator Hilde Witsø and studying consultant Marianne Lothe.
Teacher Education Unit