International students at the University of Agder are guaranteed student accommodation. Some time after the application deadline, you will be sent a reservation code and details on how to apply for your accommodation. Please do not apply for accommodation before receiving this information from the accomnodation office.
All accommodation for students is managed by The Student Association of Agder (SiA). Have a look at their webpage to see the different types of accommodation that is available in Kristiansand and Grimstad.
The price varies from NOK 2500 to NOK 4000 per month. Most exchange students choose the cheaper accomodation.
Please note that
- The rooms are modest with basic furniture only. No kitchen and cooking utensils, duvets, pillows or towels are available in the student dorms and you have to bring your own or purchase the items upon arrival. (A trip to IKEA is arranged during orientation!)
- Please note that SiA cannot guarantee that there is availability in your first choice of accommodation and that SiA reserves the right to assign a different type of apartment than the one for which you have applied.
- Contracts have to be signed upon offer of accommodation and usually cover one or two full semesters. Should you wish to terminate your contract, one month’s notice calculated from the first day of the ensuing month, is required.
- Broadband internet connection (not wireless) is available for a small monthly fee (170 NOK).
- SiA must be notified of any change in the date of arrival or departure as soon as possible.