Creative Enterprise Futures Boot Camp
Students will attend a 10 day residential International Boot Camp in different countries, providing a multitude of challenges and learning opportunities, allowing them to explore not only their creative, but entrepreneurial skills.
The Boot Camp will focus on real-world business problems, set by entrepreneurial individuals from the creative industries field and will assess how students find solutions in an enterprising, creative and innovative way.
The International Entrepreneurial Boot Camp will aim to prepare and deliver an intensive program for students from various disciplines which will explore participants entrepreneurial abilities and will equip them with the entrepreneurial and employability skills necessary to compete successfully in a very competitive international labour market.
There will be maximum 10 participating students from each institution. Travel costs and subsistence are covered and free for the participants.
The IP will be delivered using facilitated workshops, lectures, professional networking and peer learning, using a tool kit of specially designed modules covering a wide range of current creative industry business and management issues.
Click to see full programme below:
Creative Enterprise Futures Boot Camp Structure. Student information.
1. On the first evening there will be an introduction, keynote speaker and a tour of the University of Agder in Kristiansand as well as Kristiansand itself.
2. There will be a mixture of skills based development sessions which will also act as an ice breaker activity. This may include some outdoor sport activities but you will also have the opportunity to take part in these activities in the evening too. There will also be business planning and presentation skills workshops.
3. You will be expected to deliver a group presentation with the other University of Salford students about the UK, North West, Salford / Manchester and the University of Salford. This will be good preparation for the other presentations throughout Boot Camp.
4. You will be split up into teams to work on a tourist / creative / leisure related business idea – there will be 2 Salford students, 2 Latvian students and 2 Norwegian students in each group.
5. Each group will be assigned a mentor and will develop their business idea with the mentor and a local entrepreneur in one of five locations.
6. The Boot camp will take place in various locations around Sorlandet (South Norway) – Hamresanden, Setesdal, Marnardal, Hove, Risorporten. These will be the weekend locations where your group will spend a weekend developing an idea with a mentor (member of the Boot Camp team) and a local entrepreneur / mentor. Workshops will also be delivered in an old mansion, on an island and at the University.
8. You will have an opportunity to talk about your idea and gain feedback throughout Boot Camp – this will be through presentations to the rest of the students and staff, as well as at an ‘Ask the Expert’ session.
9. The Boot camp is intensive, as well as all of the interactive training and workshops, as a group you will also be expected to produce a business proposal and deliver a detailed 20 minute presentation in front of a panel of judges which will also include a one minute teaser film.
10. Boot Camp is hard work but good fun. You will gain a whole range of skills to add to your CV and will be able to demonstrate that you can work in a stressful, pressurized environment. You will also have the opportunity to explore Kristiansand and Sorlandet, make new friends and be able to demonstrate that you can work in transnational and multi-disciplined teams.