Borrow and order
- Loan period is 4 weeks, but requested literature may be called back within 1 week.
- Loan may be renewed if nobody else is waiting.
- Items from reference collection and journals are not for loan.
Loan card / patron ID
Having a patron ID (loan card /student card) at AUC, you may order copies of articles, borrow books and other material. A patron ID consisting of ten characters, e.g. hiab1234567, or hia01234567. Use this patron ID when ordering/reservation documents via BIBSYS Ask.
- A valid student card serves as a lending card.
- Others may receive a loan card by presenting personal identification.
- Loss of card and change in adress/name must be reported to the library [link address]. Students change their address themselves on Studweb.
Renew your current loans
Use My Page from BIBSYS Ask to renew and display your current loans, orders or reservations.
- Log on BIBSYS Ask.
- Students use FEIDE: type in your regular user name and password together with the organization to which you belong.
- Other; use your patron ID and the password you ordered from BIBSYS Ask. order password.
Ordering (inter-library loans) & reservation
If a book/journal is on loan or non-stock, you can make a reservation/order it.
- Go to: BIBSYS Ask (AUC library collection ) or the complete BIBSYS Ask library database.
- Find document.
- ORDER (only if the item is not available in the library).
- Enter patron ID, last name and if necessary, comments, and information on article (if copy).
- SEND (submit order).
- If you would like to order a document not present in the Library Database fill out and empty order form .
- The Library will notify you by e-mail (students use Webmail) or SMS when the item is ready for you to collect.
Contact your library for questions about orders, loans and reservations, or to obtain a patron ID.
Library as borrower
Information from BIBSYS