Living in Kristiansand
Welcome to Kristiansand, the administrative, business and cultural capital of South Norway, Sørlandet. Kristiansand is a modern city with a pronounced renaissance profile, right in the middle of what the international media have named "the coolest riviera".
Mini-facts about Kristiansand
- Population: 80,109 (1.1.09)
- Education: 25 per cent have university and/or college degrees
- Home ownership: 43 per cent live in privately owned houses
- Total 277 km sq
- Populated 36 km sq
- Agricultural 10 km sq
- Productive forests 150 km sq
- Lakes 15 km sq
- Inhabitants per km sq 258
Figures on Kristiansand from Statistics Norway .
A map of Kristiansand can be found here .
Read more about Kristiansand here .
UiA is EU-certified
The University of Agder was the first university in Norway to have been awarded the ECTS-label , a certificate proving that the university follows the EU’s recommended quality assurance routines for information about and approval of student exchange.