- Study programmes
- Conferences, courses and seminars 2013
- Networks and centres
- Centre for Multicultural Activities
- Centre for Norwegian Studies Abroad
- International cooperation
- Department of Foreign Languages and Translation
- Department of Nordic and Media Studies
- Department of Education
- Department of Religion, Philosophy and History
- PhD Programmes
Centre for Norwegian Studies Abroad (SNU)
The University of Agder has established a separate Centre for Norwegian Studies Abroad (SNU). The centre is affiliated with the Department of Nordic and Media Studies at the Faculty of Humanities and Education.
The Department of Nordic and Media Studies offers Norwegian studies at bachelor's and master's levels and PhD programmes in literature and linguistics. The department is also responsible for teaching Norwegian courses in UiA's pre-school teacher education and general teacher education programmes, and offers studies in Norwegian as a second language and media and communication studies.
The Centre for Norwegian Studies Abroad directs its activities toward students and teachers of Norwegian language, literature and culture.
Summer course and student grant
These are aimed at foreign students studying Norwegian in their home countries.
- The Centre for Norwegian Studies Abroad offers summer courses in Norwegian language, literature and culture in Kristiansand.
- The Centre offers opportunities for residence and academic supervision at the University of Agder for students working on a master's degree or PhD in Norwegian literature or language.
- The Centre makes arrangements for international undergraduate exchange students to take Norwegian courses at the Department of Nordic and Media Studies as part of their degree studies in their home country.
- The Centre assists Norwegian academic environments abroad in planning excursions to Norway.
- Eventually, we would also like to offer online course modules for international students of Norwegian.
Teaching staff exchange and academic contact
This is aimed at Norwegian instructors at educational institutions abroad who would like to improve or refresh their skills and increase their contact with Norwegian colleagues.
- The Centre for Norwegian Studies Abroad provides opportunities for Norwegian instructors at educational institutions abroad to visit UiA as guest lecturers.
- The Centre also encourages Norwegian instructors at the University of Agder to undertake guest lectureships at educational institutions abroad that offer Norwegian studies.
- The Centre for Norwegian Studies Abroad initiates and cooperates on research and development projects with Norwegian academic environments abroad.