- About the faculty
- Study programmes
- - ICT
- - Engineering
- - - Preliminary Courses
- - - Aerospace
- - - Civil Engineering
- - - Renewable Energy
- - - Mechatronics
- - - Master in Mechatronics
- - - MSc in Industrial and Technology Management
- - Mathematical Sciences
- - Natural Sciences
Candidates from the Bachelor's Programme in Renewable Energy will have knowledge of important aspects concerning renewable energy, energy resources in general, and clean energy carriers such as electricity, heat and hydrogen.
The student will develop basic skills for understanding the overall solutions providing effective energy-saving buildings and neighbourhoods, good indoor environments, at the same time both highly functional and economical.
The Master's Program in Renewable Energy is offered from the academic year 201-2012 (from 2010-2011 as a study profile in Master's Program in Mechatronics. Our focus will be on design, control and regulation of electrical energy systems, particularly within the fields of wind power, solar cell technology and hydrogen technology.
You may find more information on our Bachelor's and Master's Programmes in Renewable Energy in our ECTS Course Catalogue. Choose Faculty of Engineering and Science.
See the study handbook for
The application deadline for the 2 year programme is June 1 (for local students). Please send the application to Lokalt opptak UiA.
Information for international students:
- The application deadline is January 15 (due to the visa application process).
- Students with a bachelor in mechanical, electrical or mechatronics engineering can apply.
- The following documents must be supplied by email by January 15:
- List of grades and course descriptions in English from your bachelor's degree with an official stamp from your university.
- Confirmation of English language skills: IELTS>5.0 points OR TOEFL>500 points OR TOEFL INTERNET TEST>60 points
- Copy of bank account statement in your home country showing that you can support yourself while in Norway (currently 88,000 NOK required)
- The bachelor degree including the final thesis project must be completed in full by July 1 and all official graduation documents from your university must be received at UiA by this date.
- About 75% of the Master program will be taught in English, the rest in Norwegian. You will be expected to speak and write some Norwegian during the 2-year master programme.
- International students may send application documents (PDF) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact persons are:
Henrik Kofoed Nielsen, ph +47 37 23 30 00
Geir Kløkstad, ph +47 37 23 30 00
Head of Department:
Rein Terje Thorstensen
Henrik Kofoed Nielsen
Åse Linn Berntsen