The members of the e-Government group are: Leif Skiftenes Flak, Carl Erik Moe (chair), Arto Lanamäki, Maung Sein, Øystein Sæbø, Bjørn Furuholt, Devinder Thapa, Marius Johannessen, Karen Stendal, Øyvind Hellang og Fathul Wahid.
- Benefits realization and management
- eDemocracy and eParticipation
- ICT for development
Examples of projects in which members of this research group are or have been involved in:
- Gender, Governance and Scientific Quality (NUFU project 2007-2011). The “governance” part of the project is about ”How to utilise ICT for good governance (e-governance)”. Funded by NUFU/NORAD. Duration: 2007-2011.
- Pilot project on applying eGovernment thinking in the preservation of natural resources. Focusing on user involvement in Indonesia. Funded by UiA. Duration 2008.
- eGovernment and eDemocracy. Project to develop the capabilities of the research group to meet international standards. Funded by Sørlandets kompetansefond. Duration: 2007-2009.
- Benefits realization in Høykom. Summarizing and assessing benefits realization in Research Council Norway's Høykom program. Project owner: KSeF. Funded by Research Council Norway. Duration: 2007-2008.
- User requirements in e-Government (Brukerbehov i eForvaltning) Survey of user requirements for e-Government in two municipalities, Kristiansand and Lyngdal. Project owner: KompetanseSenter for eFovaltning. Funded by Sørlandes kompetansefond. Duration: 2003.
- Feasibility study for expanding existing municipal collaboration in Vest Agder. (Plan- og tilrettelegging for IKT-samarbeid I Lister-regionen;) Project owner: Listerrådet. Funded by: Sørlandets kompetansefond, County Governor of Vest-Agder and Listerrådet.
- Facilitating broadband-based services for increased municipal collaboration i Vest-Agder. (Samarbeidsportal for interkommunal samhandling og kompetanseutveksling;) Project owner: Lyngdal kommune. Funded by Research Council Norway/Høykom, Sørlandets kompetansefond and County Governor of Vest-Agder.
Conferences and workshops
- Benefits and benefits realization in eGovernment projects. Seminar co-hosted with Research Council Norway/Høykom and DIFI. April 30th, 2008. See invitation here (Norwegian only).
- "Knutepunkt for eDemokrati". Kick-off seminar in Trondheim in conjunction with NOKIOS. October 19th, 2007. See invitation here.
- The 2006 Scandinavian Workshop on e-Government was held at Agder University College's campus in Kristiansand, Norway on 13.-14. February. Read more here.
- IRIS'28 in Kristiansand, Norway August 6-9, 2005 Read more here.
National and international networks
- DEMO-net: The democracy network; Network of Excellence, Sixth Framework Programme: Information Society Technologies IST.
National Resource Network on eGovernment. Funded by Research Council Norway. Duration 2007-2009.
- National hub function on eDemocracy
- National hub function on Benefits management and realization (KSeF)
- CAHDE. European Council's committee on eDemocracy.
- IFIP 8.5 Information Systems in Public Administration.
- Co-Organizer of the Annual Scandinavian Workshop on eGovernment.
- The Shape of eParticipation: Characterizing an Emerging Research Area. Sæbø, Ø., Rose, J., and Flak, L.S. Forthcoming. Government Information Quearterly.
- Analyzing Stakeholder Diversity in G2G Efforts: Combining Descriptive Stakeholder Theory and Dialectic Process Theory. Flak, L.S., Nordheim, S. and Munkvold, B.E.. Forthcoming. eService Journal.
- Towards a Cumulativ Tradition in eGovernment Research: Going Beyond the Gs and Cs. Flak, L.S., Sein, M.K. and Sæbø, S. In Proceedings of the Sixth International EGOV Conference, 2007, Regensburg, Germany, September 3-7.
- E-government Challenges and The Role of Political Leadership in Indonesia: The Case of Sragen. Furuholt, B., Wahid, F. In Proceedings of The 41st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) , January 7-10, 2008, Hawaii, US.
- A rural-urban Digital Divide? Regional aspects of Internet use in Tanzania. Furuholt, B. and Kristiansen, S. The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries. 2007, Vol. 31, No. 6, 1-15.
- Models of eDemocracy. Päivärintä, T. and Sæbø, Ø. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 2006, Vol 16.
- Stakeholders, Stakes and Contradictions; An Empirical Study of a Norwegian Government2Government effort. Flak, L.S. and S. Nordheim Proceedings of HICSS 39, Kauai, Hawaii, January 4-7, 2006.
- Local Government in Norway: Current Status and Emerging Issues. Flak, L.S., Olsen, D.H. and P. Wolcott. Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems, Special Issue on E-Government, 2005, Vol 17, No 2.
- Stakeholder Governance: Adapting Stakeholder Theory to the E-Government Field. Flak, L.S. and J. Rose Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 2005, Vol 16, No 31.
- Democracy Squared: Designing On-line Political Communities to Accomodate Conflicting Interests. Rose, J. and Sæbø, Ø. Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems, Special Issue on E-Government, 2005, Vol 17, No 2.