Approvals, credit transfer and exemptions
Responsibility for casework:
When processing cases involving approval and transfer of previous studies, the university is obligated to:
- Provide precise and easily available information and guidelines
- Make applications for approval, transfer and exemptions based on previous studies easily available
- Reply to applications for approval of previous studies within 4 weeks. In cases where this is not possible, the university is obligated to inform the applicant that this deadline cannot be met
The university expects that you as an applicant:
- Read the information and guidelines regarding approval of previous studies
- Apply for approval, credit transfer or an exemption on the basis of previous studies as soon as possible after admission
- Include all relevant information and attach all of the required documentation when you apply for approval, credit transfer or an exemption
Find more information about:
If you have studied at another Norwegian higher education institution and would like to apply to use these studies in your degree from the University of Agder, you will find more information here.
If you are going on student exchange through the University of Agder, there is a special approval procedure. The International Education Office gives you guidance throughout this process after the application deadline for exchange has expired and you have received an offer of exchange at a partner university. You can read more about this here.
• NOKUT has a database with specific information about higher education abroad sorted by country: www.nokut.no
Information about foreign educational systems and the main principles for approval of the most common degrees in those countries.
• UNESCO Higher Education Systems: www.unesco.no
An overview of approved higher education institutions and educational systems, as well as grading systems throughout the world.
• ENIC-NARIC.net- Gateway to recognition of academic and professional qualifications (Europe and USA)