Open Bachelor's Degree
Requirements for the Open Bachelor's Degree
In accordance with section 6 d) of the Examination Regulations for the University of Agder, an open bachelor's degree must include courses amounting to 180 ECTS credits and contain:
- Either a major subject of at least 80 ECTS credits, of which at least 20 ECTS credits must be at intermediate or advanced level (courses that build on basic level courses);
- Or a complete 2-year integrated programme of study.
A minor subject is no longer required for the open bachelor's degree.
Ex.phil and ex.fac
The following course combinations are required, depending on the student's choice of major subject:
Open bachelor's degree with major subject in natural science or mathematics:
Open bachelor's degree with other major subject:
Ex.phil. and ex.fac.
Open bachelor's degree with 2-year integrated programme of study:
Courses amounting to at least 10 ECTS credits that cover the theory of science and ethics and provide an introduction to the social role of the discipline/profession.
At least 60 ECTS credits must be taken at the University of Agder.
Reuse of courses
Reuse of courses is possible, but it at least 90 new ECTS credits must be completed before the University can issue a new degree. A maximum of 5 ECTS credits of overlap is allowed between courses included in the degree.
The administrative procedure for processing applications will take a minimum of 4 (four) weeks after the complete application is received. Applications must be submitted no later than 1 June in order to be processed before the holidays in July . Applications submitted after this deadline will not be processed until after the summer holidays.
Submission of application
Diplomas and transcripts in Norwegian or English as well as curriculum/course descriptions and reading lists for courses not taken at the University of Agder must be enclosed with the application. Applications may be sent to:
University of Agder,
Student Affairs Office, A3
PO Box 422
- Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need academic guidance? Please contact a student adviser at your faculty.
- Need guidance in relation to the formal requirements of an open bachelor's degree? Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Link to the Examination Regulations for the University of Agder.