The application and appointment process for academic positions at the University of Agder
- When you apply electronically the application is registered in our e-recruitment system. Within 24 hours you will receive a confirmation from the system.
- An expert assessment committee normally consisting of three members is then established. In the committee both genders have to be represented and the principle of impartiality applies to all its members. You will be informed about the composition of the committee as soon as possible.
- You will receive a copy of the committee’s final report. You are then allowed to comment on the assessment of the applicants within a period of 10 days. A comprehensive list of applicants will be available upon request.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited for interviews and/or a trial lecture. After the interview UiA will, with the applicant’s permission, conduct a reference check.
- Based on the application, the interview and the reference check the responsible manager decides on a written recommendation. As an applicant for the position you have the right to know the names and the order of the recommended candidates and whether the decision was unanimous or not.
- The Academic Appointments committee then reviews the recommendation and makes a decision about appointment.
- After a decision about appointment has been made by the committee, the appointee receives a formal offer of the position and an employment contract.